|| | ||
Gold Award winning small park in NW2. entrance between 10 and 12 Hoveden Road. Open from 9am to sunset.
The Dell was developed and vastly improved from the previous open space by the energy and enthusiasm of local people. (Helped by charity funding and by Brent Council) Now administered by the Mapesbury Dell Trust. More on Dell website
Dell Events for 2015
Sunday 6th September CHILDREN’S PARTY from 2 p.m – .
+ “NEARLY NEW” CHILDREN’S TOYS AND STUFF SALE
The marvellous Mr Marvel will be in the Dell to entertain your children with his amazing disappearing rabbit and other hilarious acts. Beat the back-to-school blues – come and join in the fun! There will be teas, coffees, cakes, sandwiches and ice creams.
There are also “Nearly New” stalls for all those children’s things (toys, books, clothes, buggies, etc) that yours have outgrown. Perfect for a declutter before the new school year and great for those on the look-out for a bargain. Just turn up on the day. As always, admission is free.
N.B. All items for sale must be ‘nearly new’, and in good condition.
Saturday 13 June Dell Open Air Concert. Midsummer Opera
5.30 – 10 (performances from about 6.30 – 8.45), Admission is free and everyone is welcome! Do bring family, friends and children
· Zoë Freedman (soprano)
· Lilly Papaioannou (mezzo soprano)
· Oliver Gibbs (baritone)
· David Freedman (bass)
· Mark Troop (accompanist)
They’ll be performing extracts from The Marriage of Figaro, The Barber of Seville, Carmen, The Magic Flute, Faust, Sampson and Delilah, La Traviata, Gianni Schicchi, The Pirates of Penzance, West Side Story, My Fair Lady, Showboat, Carousel and more.
The weather looks OK for Saturday evening. But, of course, the evenings can get chilly later, so do bring a something warm.
This was a wonderful evening of live opera last year, but this one will be even better. The performances will be superb, with beautifully sung pieces from your favourite operas. Something for everyone to enjoy. More programme details to follow nearer the time.
· There will be seating on benches for about 160 people. There’s no pre-booking for the seats, but you can collect seat numbers to reserve your places as you arrive on a first come first served basis (Of course we’ll have a few spaces set aside for the frail and elderly and for wheelchairs). This means that you’ll be able to stretch your legs and grab some refreshments or a bite during the interval without fear of losing your seats. Best to arrive early to make sure that you have a seat and enjoy a drink before it starts. Don’t worry though, there’s plenty of room to watch and enjoy even if you don’t get a seat.
· One of England’s top sound designers is generously helping out this year, so your listening experience will be right up there with the very best;
· There'll be a fully licenced bar, with champagnes, wines etc. teas and Nespresso coffee;
· There will be delicious ‘make your own’ baguettes. For £5 you’ll get a fresh salad and a baguette and, with 2 or 3 fillings of your choice.
· There’s now proper lighting in the Dell, so that as the evening closes and dusk sets in, you’ll be able to stay on for some post performance refreshment with your friends and neighbours in London’s finest small park.
Please, no picnics or drinks. Although there is some funding for the event, the Trust has no regular income and the only way that they can afford to run this event is by sale of refreshments. Also there is just no space for picnics
Sunday 28 June. Dell Wild Day. Hugely enjoyable event. Focussed mainly on children. From 11am to 4pm. With domestic animals; goats, pigs, lambs. Wild animals show. Plus refreshments (burgers etc; drinks and other stalls.
Sunday 6 September Dell Children’s Party
Tuesday 15th December. Dell Carols 2015
Dell Children's Party 2014
Feeding the goats at Dell Wild day
Geese at wild day
MAPRA © 2010